

It is time for the annual project at our elementary school! For kindergarten, they needed to research an assigned spider or insect and create a 3-D version. Madison picked the Monarch Butterfly. At first I was stumped with what to do for a 3-D butterfly, but then another mom suggested doing the melted crayon between two sheets of wax paper deal - so that is what we did. I traced the wings and Madison cut them out - she helped with shaving all of the crayons and she did all of the writing on the research end of the project. In the photo album are some pictures of Monarch's that we took at the Dallas Arboretum a couple of years ago. Along with all of her research notes. She had to present her butterfly to the class and tell them three facts that she learned. Does anyone know that other animals do not eat the Monarch? When they are catepillars, they eat the milkweed plant, which is poisonous - and that makes them taste nasty as a butterfly! I sure didn't know that! I am very proud of the work that she did on this project! She is pretty proud of it too!





Way to go Madison!! What a fantastic butterfly you made. I'm really proud of you, too.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Grandma B
Great job Madison! I love your butterfly! I bet you had a great time making it and doing all that grown up research!
ReplyDeleteTracy
Awww - she's adorable! And so is her butterfly!
ReplyDelete